This policy explains the categories and purpose for collecting personal data, how we process your data, and most importantly, how we keep it safe. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please reach out, enquires are welcomed via the contact details found at the bottom of this notice.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Navig8 Biz Pty Ltd (Navig8) may on occasion required to collect personal information about you which will not be shared with any other stakeholder or entity without your express written permission.
Navig8 logs information about any access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet Cookies. Such as measurement tools, communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Navig8 collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide information, products and services to you and request information to manage and administer those products and services),
- Respond to your queries relating to our website, our products, advice and services,
- To better understand your needs, and help us to improve our products and services,
- Internal record keeping,
- Circulation of promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting (you may opt out at any time),
- Contact you for market research or direct marketing purposes (you may opt out at any time),
- Customise the website according to your interests and needs, and
- To customise documents according to your business needs.
Navig8 may contact you via a variety of measures including by telephone, email, SMS, FB Messenger, Zoom, Skype, Chat or mail. All communications from Navig8 will be via your contact details recorded on file. You may also engage with Navig8 via various social media platforms, which collect and store your personal information and data. It is your responsibility to keep your details up to date. You may update your contact details or preferred method of communication, unsubscribe, or opt out from any marketing communications by contacting Navig8 at any time.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Navig8 may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- for the purpose of providing third parties (including employers) with information about your progress,
- for the purpose of providing information, products and services to clients,
- to register and administer events, promotions or competitions
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including disclosure and reporting to Commonwealth, State and Territory government agencies for planning, evaluative, administrative and funding purposes. This may include:
- disclosure and reporting to Commonwealth and State government agencies (including State Training Authorities) for the purpose of administrating entitlements to financial assistance under Commonwealth and State government programs for supporting students.
- for students under 18 years of age; information regarding attendance, progress and general well-being may be provided in order to keep parent(s) and/or guardian(s) adequately informed,
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where students fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them,
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights,
- to one or more Consultants for the purpose of providing information and services to you,
- to the relevant third party or parties, with our client’s consent, if the matter involves third parties, and
If there is a change of control of our business, sale, or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law, our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. Navig8 would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Navig8 is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial mechanisms and procedures to safeguard and secure that information, and to protect your sensitive information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Links to Other Websites
Controlling your Personal Information
Anonymity and Pseudonymity: Navig8 will provide individuals with the option of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (e.g., when making an enquiry). Generally, is it not practicable or lawful for us to deal with individuals anonymously or by pseudonym once enrolled. To make formal enquiries on your enrolment, you will be required to verify your legal identity.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to third parties including employers or mentors, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us in writing.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Cth). A small fee may be payable for the provision of information to cover administrative costs. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you, a request can be submitted in writing, however Navig8 reserves the right to refuse the application in certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any of the information that Navig8 holds on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you may apply in writing at any time to amend or update your details. We rely solely on clients advising us when their personal information changes and take no responsibility for communications which are missed or not received due to information held on file which is out of date. Any request to update personal information must be received in writing and will be responded to within a reasonable timeframe, with file records updated promptly.
Marketing: Navig8 will communicate marketing materials with you from time to time, however you have the right to unsubscribe or opt out of communications at any time by contacting us to update your preferences. Navig8’s contact details are listed at the bottom of this policy.
We take what we do seriously, therefore if you believe that Navig8 has breached the Australian Privacy Principles or this Policy, a breach of privacy notification can be submitted in writing, which will be investigated in full within a reasonable timeframe. Upon completion of the investigation, you will be provided with the investigation outcome, including what action has been taken to remedy the breach.
Refer to Navig8 Complaints Policy
- Information Privacy Act 2009, https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/html/inforce/current/act-2009-014#
- Right to Information 2009, https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/view/html/inforce/current/sl-2009-0134
- Data Provision Requirements 2012 – https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2013L00160
Navig8 can be contacted via:
Navig8 Biz Pty Ltd
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0434 602 024 or 0424 840 144