1.14A HOW TO NETWORK
1.14B WHERE TO NETWORK
- Networking is an indirect sales opportunity.
- Listen more than you speak.
- No sales-y language!
- Meeting other local business owners face-to-face and participating in your local community will do more for your sales than thousands of tweets will ever do.
- Having said that, social media is an excellent opportunity to network. There is a huge online community in your industry, who are available for interaction at your fingertips.
- Small business conferences are a great way to surround yourself with other entrepreneurs and create opportunities to make valuable connections.
- The best way to increase name recognition and overall success of your business is to join business organisations or face-to-face business networking groups.
- If you haven’t reached out to someone in a while because you no longer work together, reconnect with them.
- If you can provide something of value to someone else, for free, then that person will also value you, and most importantly they will remember you.
- Where could you be networking that you aren’t already? In other words, where are your people?