We are all chasing happiness. However, it’s important to note here that being happy IN your life is not the same as being happy WITH your life, and vice versa. For example – partying all night every night is being happy IN your life, not necessarily WITH it.
Conversely, if you’re working your dream corporate job – you may be happy WITH your life but not necessarily IN it. So can the two co-exist? Absolutely!
Here are my tips to landing your dream life:
1. Find a Mentor. This could be a friend, a family member, a colleague or someone you admire. Once you know who that person is, you can start to emulate the behaviour to get where you want to be.
2. Manage Your Time. Time is everything. Be sure to maximise every block of ten minutes in your day. If you’re only working on your business for 20 minutes per day at the moment, GOOD! That 20 minutes compounds enormously over 20 years. Go you good thing.
3. Stop saving. Where is your money going? Are you spending aimlessly or saving uselessly? Whenever you decide to spend, think to yourself – how is this working towards my future? If it isn’t – think again and redirect.
4. Set Goals. This is something I do every single morning. I set my goals for that day, and my macro goals for my life, so that I’m always on a trajectory towards a bigger picture. Then I outline the steps I need to take to get there.
5. Plan Your Week.
6. Exercise. While exercising every day is good for your soul, your mind and your physical strength, it also develops a sense of discipline. When you show up to your yoga mat, running track or gym every morning, you tell yourself that you’re worth the investment and you reinforce a discipline that translates to every other facet of your life.
7. Learn More Skills. Don’t ever stop learning. It’s the one thing you can obtain that no one can ever take away from you. You can lose all the money in the world, but knowledge is the thing that will ensure you get it back.
8. Read Books. I love reading because I love learning, and it helps me unwind in the evenings before bed. I have a bunch of recommendations – hit reply if want to know my favourites.
9. Listen to Podcasts. Check out The Better Business Podcast for easy and fun learning on the go.
10. START THAT BUSINESS. Everyone has a dream. What’s yours? If you have no idea where to begin – take a workshop.